Friday, 19 July 2013

Books.

Wow Flora, such an imaginative title. I know, sorry I am so bad at naming my posts- the majority of them are called 'Okay...' or something similar.
The first thing I have to tell you is: New design!!! I used Pugly Pixel's free lemon meringue template which is really minimalist and cute! What do you think of it? I'm not planning on keeping it for that long since I am currently working on a new design that I am really loving. It's inspired by vintage patterns and beach houses- you may not be able to see how, but, yeah.

Secondly: R.I.P Talia, I was heartbroken when I found out that she'd died. Talia was such a sweet girl and an inspiration for many people! Also, R.I.P Cory Monteith!!! I can't believe he's passed away. *cries* Why do all the nice people die?!?!?

And thirdly: Onto my post. I just thought I would quickly summarise the books I'm reading and planning to read. It won't be very detailed but I thought you may like so book recommendations.

What I'm reading:





























Paper towns by John Green. So far I have only read The fault in our stars but based purely on that he is my favourite author ever in the history of foreverness!  I am also a complete and utter Nerdfighter.




























This is my book that I'm dipping in and out of at the moment. I've not read that much so far but from what I have read it's amazing. I've had a good giggle learning all the completely weird but very useful words in other languages!

To read:































Half the reason I am reading this book is because I want to read Jeanette Winterson's autobiography type book 'Why be happy when you can be normal?' Which my mum said was hilarious as did Ruby from Feed me books now.































My mum recommended I read this book so that's what I'm going to do... In all honesty I have no clue what it's about but we shall see.
























I love John Green as I mentioned earlier in this post and although I am yet to read any of David's books I have heard that they are really good. I cannot wait to read this one!





























Yes, the cover is awful but this book is supposed to be good so I'll give it a try.


I hope you enjoyed having a look through this short list and it gave you some ideas for books to read.
Bye,
Flo Jo xx

P.S because of the new template the formatting is messed up on previous posts, sorry!

2 comments:

  1. Paper Towns!!! Words cannot explain my love for that book, probably my favourite of John Green's! :D I also loved Will Grayson, Will Grayson – it has the best ending ever!

    I really did love Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? and I really need to read Oranges Are the Only Fruit! Also, Just One Day is AMAZING but like you said, the cover is horrible! Urgh, yuck! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper towns is incredible so far. It has really hooked me!!! I hope I like Will Grayson, Will Grayson- This is the only John Green book I've really seen mixed reviews about. I'm sure It'll be great though.

      Why be happy when you can be normal sounds like the best book ever from what I've heard so hopefully oranges aren't the only fruit will be just as good! I have such a big problem with books that use pictures of people for covers with no interesting background. It's just... why?!!?

      Thanks
      Flo Jo xx

      Delete