Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Christmas Eve 2014



Despite being largely Atheist (or at least agnostic) going to the Christingle service on Christmas Eve is an important tradition for us. Perhaps it's due to myself, and now my younger siblings going to a CofE primary school- even without the religious beliefs being there (and I can admit to being rather critical of religion in general), there is a certain magic to a packed church with echoey music. I think that has stuck with all of us. Additionally, even celebrating Christmas is obviously pretty thesist in itself. I don't know. It's nice to have some solidarity annually, even when everything else changes.

Now that I don't see many of my Primary school friends anymore because of going to different Secondary schools, this is a wonderful opportunity to recoup with one another and get updates on each others lives.

I hold so many memories from these evenings, my favourite being when I accidently set my friends long, beautiful hair on fire with the Christingle candle when I was 7. I suppose some things never change. I wish all of you the best Christmas yet; if you don't celebrate, I hope that this month has been kind to you. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment